Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
1 bottle Red Jalapeno & Garlic hot sauce
1/3 cup honey, plus 3 tablespoons
½ tablespoon sesame oil
4 cloves garlic, smashed, minced
2 pounds chicken drumettes and flats
freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons white sesame seeds
3 tablespoons scallions, chopped
2 limes, cut into wedges (optional)
1. In a medium mixing bowl combine hot sauce, 1/3 cup honey, sesame oil and garlic. Whisk well until well incorporated. Toss with chicken wings and cover with plastic. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours or overnight for best results.
2. Preheat the grill to high (400 degrees f).
3. Remove the chicken wings from the marinade and reserve the excess liquid. Pat dry with a paper towel. In a medium bowl toss with 3 tablespoons of honey and season generously with salt and pepper. Grill for 8-10 minutes, turn over the chicken wings and grill for an addition 5-8 minutes until golden, sticky and cooked through.
4. While wings are cooking, pour reserved liquid (marinade) into a small saucepot and bring to a boil for 4-5 minutes.
5. To serve, pour the honey -garlic-sesame sauce over the cooked chicken wings and garnished with sesame seeds, scallions, and lime wedges.